Last updated 1st May 2021
You can stop cookies at any time by changing the settings in your browser, and more information about how to do this is provided below. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website.
What are cookies and what are they used for?
Cookies are files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies can be recognised by the website that downloaded them or other websites that use the same cookies. This helps websites know if the browsing device has visited them before.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how the website is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your experience when using our website. Cookies can also help ensure that the marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies do we use?
To provide you with the best online experience, BoostMyLife uses the following categories of cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies are essential, as they allow you to move around our website, view the web pages properly, and use its features. Without these cookies, you would have a poorer experience using our website
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use our website, for example which pages you go to most often and if you get error messages from certain pages. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our website works
- Functionality cookies – These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make to improve your experience, for example changes you’ve made to text size, layout, or any parts of pages that you can customise. These cookies can also remember if you visited the website before so that messages for new visitors are not displayed to you
- Tailored content cookies – These cookies help our website provide enhanced features and display content in a way that is personalised and relevant to you. These cookies help our website determine what information to show you based on how you have used the website previously
- Targeting cookies – These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are more personalised and relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement and to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising. They remember that you have visited a website and this information may be shared with other third parties, such as advertisers. This means that after you have visited our website you may see some advertisements about our products and services elsewhere online
First party cookies are cookies that belong to us, while third party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our website. For example, Facebook will place a cookie on your device if you click on the Facebook link when using our website.
How long cookies will stay on your device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your device depends on whether it’s a “session” or “persistent” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device while you are browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your device until they expire or are deleted.
How to control and delete cookies through your browser
The browser you are using to view our website can enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser which is usually located in the “Help”, “Tools”, or “Edit” sections. You can also find out more information about how to change your cookie settings at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you disable or delete cookies in your browser, you may not be able to access certain parts of our website and also parts of our website may not function properly.