One of the hardest parts of achieving something new is the change it takes to get there, and being able to change yourself to lose weight is no different. You have spent many years creating habits and routines that have resulted in you being the person you are today and being where you are in your life.
Some areas of yourself and your life you may be happy with, and others such as your weight, health, fitness, and body, you may be unhappy with.
The big challenge of changing what you are unhappy with, is that your brain is wired in certain ways and your habits may be so entrenched that they are very hard to break or improve.
For example, many people say that they want to lose weight, but then don’t do enough exercise and can’t stop themselves from eating unhealthy foods.
You may want to change your weight that you’re not happy with, but maybe you can’t seem to get going with it, or never get around to doing enough about it.
Change is NOT easy. But it’s also useful to remember that…
“If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got”
So while change is not easy, it’s absolutely vital if you want to develop and improve your life. If you want to lose weight, get fitter and healthier, or get a better looking body, then you MUST change.
What if you don’t change yourself to lose weight?
If you are living an unhealthy lifestyle which has led to you gaining weight and struggling with your weight, there are serious consequences if you don’t change.
Physically and mentally you are nowhere near where you could be…
- This affects how you feel every single day of your life, including your energy levels and confidence
- It affects your health, now and in the future
- It affects how long you will live for and whether those years will be high quality, or whether you suffer
- It affects your relationships with everyone in your life
Overall, if you do not change to get to where you want to be with your weight, health, fitness, and body, then you will be living life below what you could AND you will die earlier than you should!
Can you change yourself to lose weight?
For anyone wanting to achieve something new in their life they need to change. For you wanting to lose weight, you need to change. Without this change you will be stuck where you are, struggling with your weight.
The biggest barrier you have in changing is overcoming your resistance to change. Yes, you would love to change and get all those fantastic benefits you can gain from losing weight…
At the same time, how your brain works and your ingrained habits, can make it difficult to change. You have resistance that is making it harder to improve and do the things are good for you – Like exercising, eating healthily, and learning how to do these things properly.
To break through these barriers, here are 5 ways that can help you overcome your resistance to change:
- Change is GREAT, not something to be feared – Without change you are stuck where you are with your weight. With change you can lose weight and keep it off. You can create a better life for yourself and feel happier
- By changing you get what’s important to you – This can be losing weight, better health, better fitness, better looking body, and many other benefits. Without change, you will never experience these things
- The challenge of change helps you grow – Being able to grow, develop, and become a better person, plays a big factor in how people feel about themselves and how happy they are. You can embrace the challenge and difficulty of change, knowing that it’s good for your soul
- You are always changing anyway – No living thing stays static, and you are no different. Every single day your body and mind are gradually changing. What you can do now is change them in a positive way to help you lose weight and experience all the other positive and life changing benefits you would like
- You can enjoy change – Every time you make a change for the better, no matter how big or small, it improves your life. You can enjoy making these changes and improving. You are now on the way up. Everything is getting better in your life
Most people find it extremely difficult to change, even if they know that change is better for them. When you are so used to certain ways of thinking and following habits, it’s not easy to change them and improve.
Having said that, change is possible for everyone and that includes YOU! You can change yourself to lose weight, enjoy it, and improve your life in so many ways.
Get the help you need to break through your barriers so that you can make positive changes and lose weight. Start today with the BoostMyLife Online Program.