A large part of losing weight, and getting healthier and fitter is how you feel.
I’m sure there are times when you’ve not felt good or felt negative and it’s held you back. Who hasn’t? When this happens you may decide not to bother doing your exercise, or you may reach for unhealthy foods, or you may sabotage yourself in other ways.
What if you could feel good more often, so that you are then happier to do all the things that help you, rather than doing the things that hold you back? Well you can 😊
The key to remember is this – What largely determines how you “Feel” is what you “Think”.
If you think good and helpful thoughts most of the time, then you will feel good most of the time. Your life and everything in it can only then improve.
To help you get there, here’s are 4 ways you can feel good just by thinking better…
1. Have gratitude
Gratitude is all about appreciating what you have and being thankful for all the good things in your life.
If you are unhappy with your weight, feel unhealthy or unfit, or don’t like how you look, then it’s easy for this to cloud your thinking. It’s easy to forget the great things in your life.
- Do you have money to survive, and buy essentials like food and drink?
- Do you have a home and a place to sleep at night?
- Do you have the freedom to do what you want in most areas of your life?
- Do you have access to good medical care?
- Do you have the physical ability to do most of what you want?
- Do you have your mental faculties in place?
- Do you have family and friends?
- Do you have leisure time to have fun and go places?
Ok everything might not be perfect in your life, and really there is no perfect. But if you can say “Yes” to most of the things I’ve listed above, then you have a fantastic life compared to most people in the world.
Let’s not allow the familiarity of the things that are close to us, make us forget how important and valuable they are! What do you have gratitude for in your life?
2. Think about what you want
We humans are a strange bunch. Out of everything in our lives that we can think about we often focus on what we “Don’t” want.
Maybe you’ve had thoughts like:
- I don’t want to be this weight, I’m fed up with it
- I don’t like how my body looks
- I’m unfit and feel terrible
- My health is going downhill
These are common ways of thinking, yet do they help? Definitely not! They only make you feel bad, rather than feeling good.
What if you focused on what you wanted instead, like:
- I want to lose 20 pounds and I can’t wait to get started
- I like these certain areas of my body and some other areas I will improve
- I’m going to get fit and feel so much better for it
- My health is on the way up because from now I’m going to exercise and eat better
The principle I’ve described here can help in all areas of your life. Focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. Just see how much better you feel!
3. Believe in yourself
Believing in yourself is not easy. You have had many years of negative influences going into your mind.
This may be parents or teachers telling you as a child that you couldn’t do something, people making fun of you whether meaning to be being critical or joking, or your family and friends showing little belief in you.
The result is, you might not do enough in certain areas of your life because you don’t really believe in yourself. Why bother even trying if you think you will fail?
Many people will say:
- I’m struggling with my weight and can’t see myself losing it – In reality, if they put the right things in place, they can lose weight and feel much better
- I can’t exercise and have never been any good – In reality, they can exercise and they could make fantastic progress
- I can’t stop eating unhealthy foods – In reality, yes they can. They just need to know how to develop better eating habits and ways of thinking
Are you selling yourself short with your weight, health, fitness, or body, or other areas of your life, because you don’t really believe you can do any better?
Well, it’s time to believe in yourself because YOU can achieve so many things. Just think about everything you’ve achieved in your life so far and you will come up with quite a list.
You have the ability. You just need the belief in yourself to use it!
4. Take action
We always feel better when we are taking action and are moving forwards. With inaction we feel the opposite.
For example, how do you feel if you know there that things you could to lose weight, feel healthier, or get fitter, yet you don’t do them?
Most people feel down and lose confidence because they know they could be doing more, yet they choose not to. And that’s what you have, a “choice”.
So a very useful way to develop your thinking is to see taking action as something extremely positive and very important. If you are wanting improve certain areas of your life, it’s only the actions that you take that will get you there.
You will either choose to take action to lose weight, and get healthier and fitter, which could help you feel fantastic. Or you will choose to be inactive and stand by, watching as your weight, health, and fitness slide backwards and you feel worse.
Keep this principle in mind and you are much more likely to take positive actions and feel really good for doing so. Plus, you will get better results in whatever you are wanting to achieve in your life.
Think better and feel good
Thinking better and thinking in more helpful ways doesn’t happen overnight. It takes practice, although the rewards are well worth it.
There is nothing more important than feeling good and happy in your life and with yourself.
So follow these 4 ways you can feel good just by thinking better. Just see what a difference it makes to your life. You have gratitude, you think about what you want, you believe in yourself, and you take action.
To learn more about developing your mindset and ways of thinking in relation to losing weight, feeling healthier, and getting fitter, get started with the BoostMyLife Online Program. What stands between you, and getting what you really want, is in the way you think!